Over the past few weeks dalton has been very interested in our food and recently even started to simulate chewing. Everything goes into his mouth and he sits up fairly well with help. He seems close to rolling over but is missing the last tad of coordination to move his arms into the right position. . Anyways, we don't want to start solids for another 3 weeks to two months unless there is evidence that he needs supplementation (weight loss etc). So while browsing the world wide web I stumbled on some tips. I see no reason why he can't learn to feed himself or start trying to use a cup / spoon until he starts actually eating for real. So we started making mom sickles (frozen breastmilk). Once it starts to melt it is more slushy but dalton seemed delighted with grabbing and licking the slush off the spoon. He was quite upset once it was all gone. But nursing him took care of that. I think this way we can keep him entertained and included in meal times without taking that big step towards food. Almost like a bit of preparation :).

That's a great idea =) I'm glad u found something that works out ^_^ Just watch out for brain freeze! hehehe... Your idea inspires me to make some apple juice slushy! Yummy.
ReplyDelete